Thursday, June 14, 2007

rob's Alberta year

In case you didn't know, this fall I'm writer-in-residence at the University of Alberta (they've just put it up on their website), & the Edmonton Journal even reprinted that Ottawa Citizen article from April (pretty scary stuff, I think). Of course, I've already got a few publishing (etcetera) schemes I've set into motion, including this alberta writing blog (keep an eye out for it to start rolling when I get west in September). If you missed it, I even wrote an essay anticipating my Alberta on The Danforth Review.

Don't worry, I'll still be working on the regular blog stuff, ottawater, the ottawa poetry newsletter, above/ground press, Chaudiere Books, poetics.ca, The Factory Reading Series (with Stephen Brockwell & Monty Reid taking turns hosting, as needed), the ottawa small press book fair, the ottawa international writers festival & everything else I keep doing around this town of mine, even while I'm gone (& I will be back, don't worry).

Looking forward to spending eight months in the company of writers like Douglas Barbour, K.L. MacKay, Tim Bowling, Shawna Lemay, Ali Riley, Thomas Wharton, Marita Daschel, Catherine Owen, etcetera & hopefully still in town, T.L. Cowan & Thea Bowering!

No comments: